To mark the beginning of the Glastonbury Festivals, The Rutland Boughton Music Trust, in association with The Assembly Rooms, Glastonbury, organised a weekend-long festival.
Event Director, IAN R BOUGHTON
Guest speakers MARTIN LEE-BROWNE, MICHAEL JONES and TIM PORTER
Performing artistes LOUISE MOTT (mezzo) and MARK BAIGENT (oboe).
ProgrammeSaturday 30 August
* Introduction by Ian R Boughton
- 14:00 - 15:30 Talk on Edgar Bainton (Michael Jones)
- 16:00 - 17:30 Talk on Frederic Austin (Martin Lee-Browne)
- 19:30 - 20:45 English Song recital with Louise Mott accompanied by Michael Jones (programme to include works by Austin, Bainton, Boughton, Elgar and Vaughan Williams)
- 11:30 - 12:30 Launch of the 2nd edition of Michael Hurd's biography "Rutland Boughton and the Glastonbury Festivals" and sale of CDs (including newly released CDs) and memorabilia
- 14:00 -16:00 Talk on Rutland Boughton (Tim Porter)
- 17:30 - 18:45 Concert of English music with Mark Baigent and the Charme du Hautbois (programme to include works by Cooke, Elgar, Clarke, Parry and Boughton's Oboe Quartet No 2 (World Premiere))